In order to make our classroom a comfortable and encouraging learning environment, everyone is expected to abide by the following policies.
- Please treat other students, the instructor, and guests with courtesy and respect.
- Bigotry or prejudices of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Listen when others are speaking.
- Be on-time for class.
- Take your breaks during the break times. Do not leave the classroom in the middle of lectures or exercises unless it's critical.
- For the courtesy of others, including the instructor, turn off cell phones and other noise makers. If you need to take a call, for some urgent or emergency reason, then please let the instructor know before class and then answer the call outside of the classroom.
- Do not disrupt the classroom.
- No food in the classroom and drinks only in a spill-proof container.
- The computers are in the classroom for instructional purposes relating to the current topic.
- Do not install any software on the computers in the classroom unless instructed to by an instructor.
- Do not change the desktop or default configurations of the computer unless directed to by an instructor.
- Any misuse of the equipment will not be tolerated.
- During class, you may use the computers in the classroom only at specified times, except with prior permission from the instructor.
- The computers cannot be used for any other purposes during class (excluding breaks) including:
- No surfing other web sites
- No using email
- No chatting or instant messaging
- No playing games
If you cannot abide by these policies, please withdraw from the class.